So, several years ago my husband and I read Dave Ramsey’s book, Total Money Makeover. Nathan had become a regular listener to Ramsey’s nationally recognized radio program. Through our Total Money Makeover experience, we discovered emeals. Emeals is a meal planning system that I found extremely helpful. As of yesterday, I learned there is now a new emeals APP! I was so excited, I must share!
A quick history…
While my hubby and I were not in financial disarray, we had the desire to launch our own business. This meant big changes. We wanted to be successful entrepreneurs and knew enough to know that most entrepreneurs fail. Starting with no personal debt is what has allowed us to continue growing our businesses without the fear and pressure that comes with trying to keep all balls in the air. Financial freedom is…well…it’s freeing.
That said, as a young wife, I needed help managing our grocery budget. I barely knew anything about cooking, much less grocery shopping effectively or organizing meal plans for the week. However, my husband desperately wanted to continue eating. So, I needed a plan and I needed to spend as little money as possible.
That has not changed.
Today, we have added two children to the mix, I have come to enjoy cooking —sometimes — and use emeals often to do the work for me. I think I like it most because it makes this Choleric/Sanguine look organized, efficient and food savvy. I quickly learned that meal planning was a huge part of maintaining a tight grocery bill and keeping us on track financially.
Here are my top 10 reasons for recommending this to you:
1) It is totally done for me.
2) I can choose how we want to eat. We have been on a low fat diet for years now. You can choose everything from organic to low-carb to classic meals.
3) I can choose my grocery store. Emeals helps you find the right brands, actually available at your store, to cook a meal that tastes good but costs little.
4) I can choose how many people I want to feed. With pre-school age children, we are still able to eat off a menu for two.
5) The recipes are easy! I hate using fancy cookbooks. I never know what they are talking about. Emeals keeps it simple and easy to follow.
6) I can easily eliminate meals I know my family won’t eat or when I know I won’t be cooking every night.
7) The plan updates everything automatically and accordingly, so I really don’t have to think too hard.
8) Perhaps my favorite part: the grocery list is itemized by department at the grocery store. This makes it easy to find what I need, fast. Very helpful with two toddlers in tow!
9) The menu tells you what staples you should already have. A quick mental check or physical check and I never get home and get mad because I forgot something for a recipe. (You know how that can frustrate a cook!?)
10) And now…everything is on the app! I no longer have to print the menu and carry those papers around the store. Yippee! This makes me happy. I can check things off the list, add extra things I need to pick up, like bread and milk, and I can quickly eliminate things I know I have at home with the delicate touch of my index finger.
Yep. I’m a fan. I’m sure there are similar meal plan systems on the market that are also good. But, if you are like me and you don’t have time to research it out…here’s the only link you need. http://www.emeals.com/welcome/index.php?source=app
Or, search your app store.
Here’s to simplifying life!